« Home | I say civil, you say sectarian, I say Rumsfeld, yo... » | Attention Tennessee travelers, Starbucks open at M... » | New ending for the Titan-ic... » | Only in the movies, or, Cut the red wire, NO, the ... » | Culture Club, or, it's the Scotch-Irish in me.. » | You know what would taste good after all that turk... » | I heard the news today, oh boy, and I didn't under... » | All in the family...what movie are we gonna see » | When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro* » | Things I'm REALLY trying to be thankful for.. »

O little town of Bethlehem, how clear..WAIT, What are you doing with Brighty, and where the hel..uh, where the heck is Ernie the camel...

There are so MANY aspects of this story that need to be addressed. Seems PETA complained to this church about their 'live' nativity, thinking that 'live' meant animals. The church responded and stated that no animals could possibly be hurt in their nativity because they didn't use live animals.

PETA may have a general point, if their stories about animal abuse and even rape (I'm not sure I wanna know any more about THAT story) are true..

Brighty the donkey, snatched from a nativity scene in Virginia and beaten by three young men. Ernie the camel fled a creche in Maryland but was struck and killed by a car. Two sheep and a donkey had to be euthanized after a dog mauling at a manger scene in Virginia.


I'm all against abusing animals on any level (step away from the sheep..), but I've gotta wonder who is looking out for the people in these creche scenes. In the nativity scene mistakenly fingered by PETA, they actually have a camel puppet and a guy who wears a 'cow hood that is really quite scary'. I don't know about you, but if I had to hold my arm up behind a fake manger wearing a camel puppet for hours without talking to my fellow masochists celebrants, I might be having less than kind thoughts about the baby Jesus, and I might even be tempted to wish the visitors a 'HAPPY HOLIDAY'.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links