« Home | O little town of Bethlehem, how clear..WAIT, What ... » | I say civil, you say sectarian, I say Rumsfeld, yo... » | Attention Tennessee travelers, Starbucks open at M... » | New ending for the Titan-ic... » | Only in the movies, or, Cut the red wire, NO, the ... » | Culture Club, or, it's the Scotch-Irish in me.. » | You know what would taste good after all that turk... » | I heard the news today, oh boy, and I didn't under... » | All in the family...what movie are we gonna see » | When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro* »

Death by copier, or, learning how to use our new copier is going to make my head explode



There is a team of copy machine engineers installing the machine pictured above in our office. Don't let that picture fool ya. That sucker is 12 feet long. I'm not kidding. We had to move a guy out of his cubicle and tear down a wall in order to accommodate the new behomoth.

Here's the kicker. We are going to receive a SIX HOUR TRAINING CLASS on how to use the damn machine. !geezer alert! I remember in the old days when you'd take a sheet of paper you wanted copied, slap it down on the glass, close the lid, hit the numeric keypad and then hit a button named 'COPY' or 'START' and wham, bam, thankumaam, the copy(ies) would appear in one of several trays. Back in those days, you could actually pull/twist/punch one button/switch and you could turn on a TV...blah blah blah..

To tell the truth, my machine profiency level peaked with PONG. I got that game. Modern video games befuzzle me. I hate the idea that I have to actually ask a secretary-type-person to make copies, but the odds are, they'll understand the damn machine.

Hey, is Matlock on???

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links