« Home | The man whisperer.. » | Title suggestion for Senator Frist's new book » | Is it getting warm in here, or is it just me? » | President Bush, If you're going to pander... » | I'll show you mine, if you show me yours » | My candidacy for the Metro School Board » | I've got nothing to say, but it's ok... » | These are a few of my favorite things.. » | inch by inch, minute by minute, the days will be g... » | This never would have happened in the old Davis-Ki... »

My social life

For the 27th straight year since we moved back to Nashville, I was not invited to the Swan Ball. I think I actually may know one couple who may have been invited. I really don't have the proper clothing for such an event, and to be honest, I totally enjoyed the party I did attend celebrating the med school graduation of one of my neighbors. I say this despite my wife (or perhaps because my wife) deserted me mid-party leaving me alone with 4 gay guys, 42 gay women and one other straight guy. My life style and wardrobe are far beyond 'cool' redemption, but despite the fact that I am immune to upgrade, I had some serious fun. The fact that I was clearly the 48th best dancer at the celebratory shindig did not deter my enthusiasm.. Next year, if I finally get the invitation to the Swan Ball, I'll think I'll pass...I'll take Salemtown.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links