« Home | Sometimes I do believe in karma, or, Katherine Har... » | What are da odds, or, I HATE 3:15 AM phone calls » | All in all, we need another brick in the wall, or,... » | Your really can't make this stuff up, or, they sho... » | Pharmaceutically happy, or, take em' if you need em' » | Serial Killers, or, Top Ten TV most memorable TV c... » | Pacman's Rolling Dumbass Revue, or, something is h... » | Now that we have downgraded and debased Pluto... » | Please don't cast me out for this, or, he ya Ersch... » | A Survivor season that Andrew Young might watch... »

Putting the xeno back in phobia, or, we don't need no education..

The state of Colorado recently passed a law outlawing the display of foreign flags on public buildings and adjacent property, which kind of makes sense if you are talking about the state house (we don't wanna confuse the illegal immigrants).

One ridiculous consequence of this law is that a middle-school teacher was suspended for displaying foreign flags in his classroom. It should be noted that the teacher is a FREAKIN' GEOGRAPHY teacher. Is there no common sense left? I expect this kind of thing from the Phil Valentines of the world, but puhleeeze..

Maybe they should make spoken English mandatory in their Spanish classes....

And, as an aside, Colorado, your state flag is ugly. It looks more like the logo on a hockey uniform for the Canadiens.


Just trying to help...

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links