« Home | You don't need a password, or, life on the road in... » | Checking out of the Meme-ory Motel » | More of the 'you can't make this stuff up' stuff -... » | Oh God, I am so screwed.. » | naughty naughty, or stopping by Spin City on a Sno... » | More fun with math, or maybe it really is me » | Republican Math - today's lesson is brought to you... » | More fun than a barrel of macacas*, Kickin' in the... » | NFL stomping out the penalty...looks like 4 games.. » | Bringing the Peace Corp Love to Peru, one, uh, tur... »

Brownie anyone, or, Why would you want anyone with disaster experience to run FEMA?

Acc to this story in the Washington Post,

President Bush reserved the right to ignore key changes in Congress's overhaul of the Federal Emergency Management Agency -- including a requirement to appoint someone with experience handling disasters as the agency's head -- in setting aside dozens of provisions contained in a major homeland security spending bill this week.


I'm thinking he should hire George Costanza...I think he was a Marine Biologist for at least a few minutes.

I ask you, Bush-ites, on what basis do you continue to support this man? I've heard that there is an actual ' Office of Lessons Learned' in the White House. Who, exactly, is running this office, Laurel, or Hardy?

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links