« Home | More of the 'you can't make this stuff up' stuff -... » | Oh God, I am so screwed.. » | naughty naughty, or stopping by Spin City on a Sno... » | More fun with math, or maybe it really is me » | Republican Math - today's lesson is brought to you... » | More fun than a barrel of macacas*, Kickin' in the... » | NFL stomping out the penalty...looks like 4 games.. » | Bringing the Peace Corp Love to Peru, one, uh, tur... » | Exxon's $$$ are safe, or, Free Coffee at the end o... » | Sunday's asshat competition is getting heated »

Checking out of the Meme-ory Motel

Normally I'd ignore this kind of thing, but one of my blogging heroes, Parlancheq, tagged me. I'm supposed to list the five songs I'd want played at my funeral. Considering that I'm posting from Little Rock, Arkansas, a way-station into limbo - sorry Bill and Hillary - and a great place to be FROM, and I'm heading to Texas - the state where i really really almost died in 2005, perhaps this is an appropriate topic.

1. I'm Movin' On - Hank Snow
2. I Ain't Ever Satisfied - Steve Earle -if you know the lyrics, you'll understand, plus I don't think anyone should be complacent
3. You Can't Always Get What You Want (but, sometimes you get whacha need) - Stones. Not only are the Stones required here, but I do need to play the humble 'card' , right?
4. Ticket to Ride - Beatles. love this song, hope to have a 'through' ticket, right?
5. It's the end of the world as we know it, but i feel fine - REM..ok, it'd be the end of the world as I know it...i hope i feel fine

here's to a few more years...

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links