« Home | A gift to Nashville, or, Who doesn't want to learn... » | Holy cats, is ZICAM really legal? » | Ok, who put my head in a vise, and set my throat o... » | Holy 60 yard field goal, Batman, or, One little, t... » | For the love of DANIEL WEBSTER, the word is INDICT.. » | Copy Machine Update, or, Why the OCI Variopoint 21... » | The STAR-buck-SHIP has landed, or free coffee for ... » | Not that I really get to pick racial spokespeople.. » | Apparently they got the tree on Dickerson Road... » | That'll show him, or, Depriving Lil' Kim of his to... »

Lights out in Salemtown, or, what has Ludye done NOW?



This morning when I was begin to wake UP, the lights started flickering and wavering more than John Kerry on Iraq policy. After about an hour of shimmy shimmy, the electricity went off. As far as I could tell, most of Salemtown was affected, including the intersection of Metrocenter Blvd. and the interstate.

Fortunately, the outage did not extend to the new Starbucks. I was able to fulfill my need for morning caffeine, even though our coffeemaker couldn't go about its business.

As of 7:30, no info from NES, other than there had been LOTSA complaints.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links