« Home | "a vice that has been designed for us." » | While waiting for the other shoe to drop... » | Baby got banjo » | Ludye-crous - Our ethically challenged Metro Council » | If you don't read this blog............. » | You can (re)Start me up.. » | The MIGHTY Pujols did NOT strike out.. » | Reasons to keep living....Part 1 » | Hey, hey, you, get off of that schadenfreude cloud.. » | It never rains in Southern California and pitchers... »

ACK...ACK acronyms

I work in state government. Some would say that the last statement is oxymoronic, but I take resemblence at that...it's lunchtime now and I'm not working through lunch.

Government is overloaded with acronyms. Just today, I've discussed RFPs, ISPs, ACKs, and MDEs (not meals declined by Ethiopians), with the DAC, HSA, and NGSC.

I've worked with BCF on MDRs and HDCs reporting TSH's.

We have a legacy system here in the Health Department that was created in the early 1990's. We're struggling to get up to year 2000 technology statewide. We have a new group putting together a plan for a replacement system.

I'm thinking that the committee should be called the State Health Information Taskforce, but nobody seems to like my acronyms around here...

ACK!!

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links