« Home | Lights out in Salemtown, or, what has Ludye done NOW? » | A gift to Nashville, or, Who doesn't want to learn... » | Holy cats, is ZICAM really legal? » | Ok, who put my head in a vise, and set my throat o... » | Holy 60 yard field goal, Batman, or, One little, t... » | For the love of DANIEL WEBSTER, the word is INDICT.. » | Copy Machine Update, or, Why the OCI Variopoint 21... » | The STAR-buck-SHIP has landed, or free coffee for ... » | Not that I really get to pick racial spokespeople.. » | Apparently they got the tree on Dickerson Road... »

ZICAM - the complete story

I will continue to sing the praises of ZICAM because just a few puffs made me feel like a new man, or should I say, a more-able-to-breathe 54 year old man. The day after my head was pounding like Charlie Watts (homage to John Hiatt), I was able to pick up my sick bed and go to work and be nearly productive.

But, in fairness, as a commenter on my original ZICAM post pointed out, ZICAM is known to have side effects, chiefly loss or decreased sense of smell. I haven't noticed this side effect - in fact, thanks to a recent shower and this soapy gel stuff I'm using, I am, in the words of OutKast, so fresh and so clean.

Anyway, I thought I would do more research into other possible side affects of Zicam in order to be as fair and balanced as our friends at Fox News. A few other possible side effects I've uncovered:

Vapours, dropsey, Lamont-Thompson syndrome, heebie-jeebies, cat panting, moist ear, astral swelling, minerva basting, plantars pee-nuts, slartibartfasting, rascalitis, pulaski elbow, ben-dover syndrome, fulmination, rumination and inability to juggle.

I hope this helps.

Update: 12/7/06 - A Canadian website that lists side effects of drugs linked to this post. The website listed, without commentary, the ridiculous list of side effects in the above paragraph. My hope and prayer is that some Canadian asks his/her pharmacist about the perils of Lamont-Thompson syndrome, or for that matter, cat panting.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links